KHOJ & I
- My Khoj Project
- Atiya Thakur
INSTITUTE OF MUSIC & FINE ARTS, SRINAGAR
In my works the focus is on the bottle. In my compositions I shows some basic shapes, bottles and barbed wire as this is something that can be noticed almost everywhere in Kashmir, where it is being used by FORCES on bunkers and near the camps. The feeling of the bottles is like human being who has been tied by the situation of this place. My aim is to form a composition that breaks the bottles of these barbed wires releasing enormous energy. If I get an opportunity to work in Khoj workshop, I will get a freedom to come up with the composition of freedom of bottles, a composition I have been working on since last one year. Khoj workshop organized here has given me an opportunity to work freely and express my very personal thoughts out of the classroom. I hope that you will like my work and give me the opportunity to come up with the works that are really worth appreciation and with true aesthetical taste.
By Attiya Thakur
1. J & k Annual state Art Exhibition 2003-04.
2. 42nd J&K Annual State Art Exhibition 2005-06.
3. 44th J&K Annual State Art Exhibition 2007-08.
4. Expedition International Art Exhibition.2004,
5. Group Exhibition Tagore Hall, Srinagar,2005.
6. Group Show Exhibition, Kashmir University, 2004.
7. Solo Exhibition in Tyndale Biscoe, 2000.
8. Annual Art Exhibition by Contemporary Art Foundation, since 1998
b) AWARDS :
1. (42nd Annual State Art Exhibition).2005-06 The God and the Goddess (Painting)
2. Art Exhibition by Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi in collaboration with J&K Cultural Academy 2005 .
Journey of life (Painting)
3. 2nd prize in Art competition by ANHAD
Peace and Justice
c) CAMPS :
1. National Students Art Camp, Jamia Milia, New Delhi ,2006.
2. Kala Kendra Art Academy, Jammu ,2006.
3. Stone carving, Birpur Jammu, 2005.
d) COLLECTIONS :
1. Terra Coat work, Jamia Millia Delhi.
2. Stone Carving work, Birpur. Jammu.
3. Wood Carving work, Kala Kendra. Art Academy Jammu.
First Installation in Srinagar tittled ‘Suffering’, February, 2006.
D/o Mr. G.A. THAKUR
R/o 4-Green lane Raj Bagh , Srinagar – 190008 Kashmir.